Do you want whiter teeth? Many people would like to have a whiter smile, but they’re not sure how to go about it. There are so many different options out there from over the counter whitening products to professional whitening treatment applied by your dentist. These products range in cost and have varying degrees of effectiveness.
Wondering how much teeth whitening costs in Glen Cove, NY and the surrounding area? Here’s what you can expect from each type of treatment.
Average Cost of Teeth Whitening by Type
The average cost range for the different types of whitening products available are as follows. This does not include every type available on the market, just a sample of the most commonly used treatments.
- Whitening toothpaste: $3-$10. Whitening toothpastes are everywhere it seems. Almost every type of toothpaste on the market has a whitening agent included. This is the least expensive type of teeth whitening, but it is also the least effective. Whitening toothpaste can scrub off surface stains gradually, but it can’t won’t reach any stains below the surface. You will only get subtle whitening effects from toothpaste.
- Whitening strips: $30-$50. The clear strips that fit over your teeth with a bleaching agent are more effective than toothpaste. These are some of the best over the counter products that are available, but they still do not compare with whitening treatments you can purchase through your dentist, and the effects don’t last as long.
- Take home whitening treatment: $100-$400. The cost of take home whitening treatments vary, but this is referring to the type you can get from your dentist and use at home. The cost is higher for products where custom trays are created by your dentist, and lower for the type where the trays are standard.
- In office whitening: $500-$700. Professional whitening treatment applied by your dentist in their office is the most expensive and most effective option. In office whitening provides dramatic results in just one session. The whitening agent is accelerated by a specialized light for fast results. It is also safer, as the treatment is applied with protection over your gums. Your dentist can also control the degree of whitening you receive to ensure your smile looks natural.
Why Does Teeth Whitening Cost So Much?
You may be wondering why teeth whitening products are so expensive and why the options applied by your dentist cost the most. The base cost comes from the bleaching agent itself and other variations in treatment type add to the cost. Teeth whitening is also in high demand, which affects the price range you’ll find for different products. Another major factor is the fact that the bleaching agent must be safe to use on teeth and in the mouth, which requires a very specific chemical makeup.
Is Teeth Whitening Worth the Cost?
Every person must decide for themselves how important it is to them to have a whiter smile. But there are many benefits of professional teeth whitening treatment that are worth it to people, such as:
- Self Confidence. A whiter smile can be a real confidence booster. You may smile more and just feel better about yourself. Your confident smile makes a good first impression when you meet someone new.
- Lasting Results. You can justify spending the money on professional whitening treatment because it lasts longer than over the counter products. You won’t have to keep buying more of the product to maintain your results.
- Safe For Teeth. Professional teeth whitening is safer for your teeth than other products, such as whitening toothpaste which is very abrasive and may wear away tooth enamel over time. Your dentist will also apply a guard to your gums to protect them from the bleaching agent.
Gold Coast Smiles Provides Safe, Effective Teeth Whitening
If you’re looking for a teeth whitening treatment that is safe for your teeth while providing lasting results, try our whitening treatment at Gold Coast Smiles. You’ll see dramatic results in a shorter period of time than other whitening products with the peace of mind that it is safe for your teeth.
Call 516-676-0250 today to schedule a consultation or request an appointment. We look forward to providing you with a brighter, more confident smile.