Cosmetic dentistry is an investment in time and money, so it’s essential to do your research and find a skilled practitioner. Many dentists call themselves cosmetic dentists, but few have the advanced training and skill to claim expertise in the area. If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in Glen Cove, we hope you’ll choose Gold Coast Smiles, but ultimately, we just want you to select an expert who will help you achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Here are some tips on how to find the best cosmetic dentist on Long Island.
View Before and After Photos
Have you ever noticed a patient photo that looked familiar, as if you’ve seen it on another dentist’s website? Or perhaps a set of “before” and “after” photos that are clearly the same image with the teeth photoshopped to be whiter in one? Even more commonly, you might not find any before and after photos on a practice’s website at all.
At Gold Coast Smiles, we are proud of our results, which is why we link our Smile Gallery right at the top of our website. We hope you’ll go visit it right now and look at our work! Our before and after photos are authentic, all from real patients who have given us permission to share their images because they’re thrilled with their new smiles.
Research Patient Reviews
Patient reviews don’t tell you everything, but they do tell you a lot. When you’re looking at reviews on Google or Yelp, search for ones that mention the cosmetic dentistry procedure you need. Weigh recent reviews more heavily than older ones—sometimes, a dental practice may have changed ownership, so reviews that are a few years old may no longer apply. Also be sure to look for patient testimonial videos, which give you a chance to listen to a patient’s experience and see their results at the same time!
Look at Awards, Education, Training, and Professional Memberships
These all matter. Like any other field, the better your education and the more training and experience you have, the better your results. Dr. Andrew Sami is a clinical leader in cosmetic dentistry, which means when you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist on Long Island, he’s one of the best there is. His accomplishments include:
- Being named as one of America’s Top 40 Under 40 Dentists by Incisal Edge Magazine
- Earning a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree with Honors from SUNY Stony Brook
- Completing advanced training in General Dentistry at Nassau University Medical Center, where he served as Chief Resident
- Teaching and supervising residents as Attending Staff
- Completing a multi-year Implant Dentistry fellowship program at NYU
- Accumulating over 1000 hours in post-graduate continuing education, focused on cosmetic, restorative, and implant dentistry
- Membership in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and numerous other professional associations
Ask About Technology
The field of dentistry changes rapidly and the best cosmetic dentists on Long Island keep up with these changes, employing the most cutting-edge technologies and techniques to provide patients with optimal results. Look for a practice that offers CEREC dentistry, cone beam 3D imaging, digital radiography, and digital impressions.