Dental implants are a great way to improve your smile. Dental implants are a permanent restoration that restore function similar to your natural teeth.
The process begins with a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan. Using Cone Beam scanning technology the office is able to get a full 3D view of the area of concern, allowing for accurate planning and placement of your new dental implant.
The next step is to have the implant surgically placed in the jaw. The implant is then given time to heal, and once the healing process is complete a new crown may be placed on the implant restoring function and beauty.
Implant Supported Dentures
Missing one or more of your teeth can affect the function and appearance of your mouth, making it difficult to chew and speak properly. In addition, facial muscles will lack proper support and cause the face to droop and sag, creating an aged appearance and a lack of self confidence. With aesthetic dentures, each denture is not only custom crafted to provide a precise comfortable fit, but also to enhance your overall facial features. The color of the teeth is carefully selected and the natural differences in tooth shape and size are carefully chosen based on each individual’s age, gender and unique facial qualities. In addition, all of our cosmetic dentures are made to replicate the gum tissue naturally while providing the proper structure and support for your lips, cheeks and face to help reverse the signs of aging.
Whether you’re missing one or more of your teeth or just want to replace an old denture, we can design attractive and functional dentures that fit your unique facial profile and are customized to your specific needs. Your new aesthetic dentures can revitalize your life and rejuvenate your smile, allowing you to laugh and speak with confidence.
Regular dentures rest on the gums and rely on your tissue and bone for support. An implant-retained denture, however, has special attachments that snap onto dental implants that have been strategically placed in the bone for support. These attachments can provide a range of tightness depending on your comfort level but will still allow the denture to be easily removed when necessary. There are several designs available. Dr. Sami will discuss the best options for you based on your specific needs and situation. If you already have a set of aesthetic dentures that you’d like to improve, we can often retrofit them with implant attachments for added support. The number of implants necessary can vary for every patient but is often as minimal as only two implants for the lower jaw. While most patients usually only require implants on the lower jaw because of the inherent lack of support for a denture there, both the upper and lower areas of the mouth can greatly benefit from implant-retained dentures.
- Implant-supported dentures are designed to be long lasting, easy to maintain and secure. You can laugh, speak and eat without worrying about them shifting in your mouth or slipping.
- The bone around your missing teeth is better preserved since the implants replicate the natural root of the tooth and stimulate its preservation.
- With implants anchoring the denture, it is not necessary to fully cover the roof of your mouth. You’ll have a better appreciation for the texture, temperature and taste of food.
- No need for denture adhesives to help hold the denture in place.
- Eat better! Implant-supported dentures can triple the force of your bite. By restoring chewing ability comparable to that of natural teeth, implant dentures allow you to enjoy foods like apples, steak and corn.
With implant supported dentures, Dr. Sami can help improve your self esteem and help you regain nearly all the abilities you had with your natural teeth. You will feel confident and enjoy life more fully, giving you the ultimate peace of mind when you smile.