Are you considering Invisalign as an alternative to braces? Patients in need of orthodontic treatment are choosing Invisalign over braces for a variety of reasons. One of them is that the cost of Invisalign is now comparable to braces. There was once a time that traditional braces were the most cost effective option, which made them the top choice for parents. But with cost taken out of the equation, Invisalign looks very appealing.
Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth to gently shift them into place. They are less noticeable than metal braces and many patients find them to be more comfortable. Teenagers as well as adults tend to prefer the look of Invisalign over braces.
How much does Invisalign cost in Glen Cove, NY and the surrounding area? Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of a Complete Invisalign Treatment Plan
On average, the cost of a complete Invisalign treatment plan ranges from $3,000 to $8,000. Where your actual cost will fall within that range depends on a number of factors. Some patients may receive a quote on the lower end of the range and others on the higher end of the range. The cost will likely be different for each individual patient.
What Factors Put the Cost at the Lower End of the Range?
You may pay less than average for Invisalign if:
- The corrections needed are minor. If your teeth only need minor adjustments, your quote for Invisalign treatment will probably be lower because you won’t need as many aligners and your treatment won’t take as long.
- You live in an area with a lower cost of living. Cost of living in your area plays a big part in the cost of services in your area, and that includes dental and orthodontic services. If the cost of living is lower than the national average, you may pay less than average for Invisalign.
- Your dental insurance covers orthodontics. If you have dental insurance that will pay a portion of orthodontic care, that will lower your overall out of pocket cost for Invisalign.
What Factors Can Raise the Cost to the Higher End of the Range?
You may end up paying a bit more than average for Invisalign if:
- You need more significant corrections. If you need extensive corrections to your teeth, your cost for Invisalign could be on the higher end of the range. The more severe your orthodontic issues, the more aligners you will need and the longer your treatment will take.
- You live in an area with a higher cost of living. If your area has a cost of living that is higher than average you will most likely find your Invisalign quote to be at the higher end of the range. Glen Cove, NY has a cost of living that is a bit higher than the national average.
- You don’t have insurance or your plan doesn’t cover Invisalign. Without insurance coverage, your quote for Invisalign will be higher.
How Does the Cost of Invisalign Compare to the Cost of Braces?
This is one of the biggest questions that arises regarding cost. In many cases Invisalign is comparable to braces, but there may be some cases where it is slightly more expensive. For example, the average cost range for braces is $3,000-$6,000. As stated above, the average range for Invisalign is $3,000-$8,000. So the low end of the range is comparable, but the high end could be a bit more. The bottom line is that the only way to know for sure how much Invisalign will cost for you is to have a consultation with an Invisalign provider.
Gold Coast Smiles is a Certified Invisalign Provider
One of the best things about Invisalign is that many general dentistry practices are now offering it, including Gold Coast Smiles. We are a certified Invisalign provider, which means we have completed the necessary training and requirements to offer this service.
At Gold Coast Smiles we believe that everyone deserves quality dental and orthodontic care. If the cost is a concern for you, we can help in a variety of ways. Our first priority is to access as much of your insurance coverage as possible. The next option is to provide you with a payment plan to make the cost more affordable. Financing options are available as well through CareCredit to spread the cost of Invisalign out into low monthly payments. Whatever your situation, we will work with you to make treatment affordable.