The Invisalign system provides advanced orthodontic care with speed, comfort, and discretion. Many people may be concerned by the cost of Invisalign, but on average, it costs only a little more than traditional metal braces. Considering the extra benefits you can receive from Invisalign compared to braces, investing in the system makes sense.
This blog article will explain how Invisalign works, explore its advantages, and tell you whether the system is a worthwhile investment in oral health.
The Invisalign Process
First, the dentist takes finely detailed digital images of your smile using an iTero intraoral scanner. A proprietary computer program compiles all of the 3-D images into a precise model of your oral hard and soft tissues.
Next, the dentist plans your treatment. The dentist creates a graduated set of aligners that you will change every one to two weeks, depending on their instructions. Invisalign moves a few teeth at a time rather than the large-scale tooth movement produced by braces. This process means that you will feel more comfortable when you wear Invisalign.
Invisalign creates the aligners from tough yet smooth medical-grade plastic and sends them back to your dentist. You will receive a sequenced set of aligners to take home, changing them as directed. Over time, your brand-new smile will develop, and your confidence will increase.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Discretion: Sometimes, traditional braces can attract unwanted attention, but no one needs to see that you are wearing your aligners.
- Speed: Invisalign is often faster than braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign has no sharp metal edges that could rub on or cut the inside of your mouth.
- Improved Oral Health: Straighter teeth are healthier because food and plaque are less likely to build up between them.
- No Food and Drink Restrictions: Braces keep you away from sticky, crunchy, and hard foods, but with Invisalign, you must take your aligners out before you eat. You can eat what you like and then clean your teeth and aligners.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
People who are good candidates for Invisalign have the following traits:
- Good oral health with no untreated cavities or gum disease
- No missing teeth
- Adult or older teen patients whose jaws have finished growing
- Ability to consistently wear Invisalign for at least 20-22 hours per day
- Ability to follow all care directions
Invisalign Is a Great Investment
While Invisalign represents a significant investment in oral health, you will be pleased by the relatively quick results and the compliments you will receive on your newly straightened smile.
Invisalign is not only cosmetic, but it also improves your oral health. You may experience fewer costly problems like gum disease and tooth decay when you invest in Invisalign treatment.
Call Gold Coast Smiles
If you are curious about how Invisalign can help your smile, please call our office at 516-676-0250 for a consultation. We can walk you through the Invisalign process and help you understand how this advanced system can benefit you.